QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE
Welcome to Hampton City Schools.
We are glad that you are here!
Our vision is to be the first choice for success. We do that by ensuring academic excellence for every child, every day. We believe that a safe and nurturing climate and culture is essential to creating academic excellence. We believe that the developmental needs of children are central to every aspect of the operations of Hampton City Schools and that interactions with our stakeholders must be governed by our core values -- integrity, responsibility, innovation, excellence and professionalism.
In Hampton City Schools we will exhibit:
Integrity by being honest, sincere, and trustworthy; treating all with fairness and respect.
• All customers will be treated with respect and dignity, regardless of cultural or ethnic identities.
• Each staff member will be courteous during all customer interactions.
• Each staff member will communicate from a positive perspective.
Responsibility by being accountable and reliable.
• Each staff member will personally assume the responsibility of assisting the customer or directing the customer to the appropriate person.
• Each staff member will answer the telephone as quickly as possible, and in a friendly and helpful manner.
• Each staff member will respond to phone calls and emails in a timely manner. If the information is not readily available, the customer will be notified and given an estimated time of response.
Innovation by taking risks, being creative, and recognizing that small gains are important.
• Each staff member is responsible for creating an inviting, family-friendly environment in all district facilities.
Excellence by exceeding expectations; committing to quality through a focus on high standards and continuous improvement.
• All facilities will post their office hours.
• All facilities will have visible signage to assist with check-in procedures.
• All communications will be updated as needed.
Professionalism by communicating effectively, demonstrating confidence in our abilities, maintaining competence, working collaboratively and exhibiting leadership.
• Each staff member will acknowledge and greet customers upon their entrance into district facilities.
• Each staff member will utilize active listening techniques in all customer interactions.